Friday, March 11, 2011

Shopping Bag




For our first project in Marcos Oksenhendler's class of the semester we were each asked to choose a store and redesign their shopping bag. I decided on Victoria's Secret since I love their bag. It's simple, shiny, iconic, and of course...PINK. I decided from the beginning that I wanted it to be done digitally in Adobe Illustrator so I could practice more on the computer and that I wanted the illustration to focus most on the women's bodies and lingerie as opposed to their faces. That's what we all stare at anyway when we're looking at lingerie models, right?
I'll admit, it was a bit frustrating coming to class every week and having to tweak it here and there till the design feels like it's no longer my own. This shopping bag project carries a LOT of weight since it could potentially be in the end of the year graduating show at the Museum at FIT. Everyone in my class felt this pressure especially today when the print lab was involved as well as cutting, pasting, and assembling the shopping bags perfectly. I ended up being quite pleased with the result, however. Sometimes when a project is overworked you need to just step back and go with your instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment